Our Data Protection Officer Service is intended to assist in complying with the requirement to appoint such a role with the responsibilities set out in Article 39 of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Our delivery of the Data Protection Officer role includes:
- Providing advice and guidance when required
- We will appoint a designated consultant to manage your account. He/she will be an expert in this area and inform and advise you and your employees about the obligations that are required to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws. This will be done by way of reports, information sheets and training. Telephone and email advice is also available.
- Creating and maintaining data records
- We will create and maintain comprehensive records of all the data processing activities carried out including the purpose of all activities, which must be made public upon request.
- Drafting data policies and procedures
- We will devise and maintain policies and procedures to regulate your processing of personal data and set out how to interact with external bodies, regulatory authorities, data subjects and information seekers.
- Providing training for employees
- We will offer training to your employees on compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Acting as the first point of contact with authorities
- We will be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed.
- Managing Subject Access Requests and those under Freedom of Information Act
- We will manage enquiries under data protection and freedom of information laws, in that we will manage the data collection process, as carried out by your employees under our direction, and draft the various correspondences with the data subjects and regulatory authorities.
- Conducting an annual audit of your data processes
In addition to providing regular updates, we will carry out an annual audit to provide an assessment of whether your organisation is following good data protection practice. The audit will look at whether you are following your policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements including any new guidance from the ICO.
If you would like to talk to us about our Data Protection Services, please contact us on 0203 858 7992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.